As the homeowner, you should carefully consider your personal requirements and expectations. It is your responsibility to clearly explain your criteria to potential house sitters and
agree to the terms in a written contract. Every situation is unique; however, we have included the accepted standards of a general contract for your review.
You can add and remove points to fit your situation.
The homeowner expects the house sitter to:
- Accept total responsibility of caring for your home, pets, yard, gardens, and pool areas.
- Maintain a standard of care for your home and pets equivalent to and no less than your own.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and security of your home and contents at all times.
- Pay all utility charges incurred during their occupation of your home.
Tasks usually performed during a house sitting stay:
- Lawn mowing
- Garbage disposal
- Pool maintenance
- Readdressing mail
- Forwarding faxes or important documents
- Pet care
- Regular walking
- Vet visits and necessary medications
Refer to our guide pages “Agree In Writing” and “Steps To Selecting Your Housesitter.”