As the homeowner, you should carefully consider your personal requirements and expectations. It is your responsibility to clearly explain your criteria to potential house sitters and agree to the terms in a written
contract. Every situation is unique; however, we have included the accepted standards of a general contract for your review. You can add and remove points to fit your situation.
The homeowner expects the house sitter to:
- Accept total responsibility of caring for your home, pets, yard, gardens, and pool areas.
- Maintain a standard of care for your home and pets equivalent to and no less than your own.
Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and security of your home and contents at all times.
- Pay all utility charges incurred during their occupation of your home.
Tasks usually performed during a house sitting stay:
- Lawn mowing
- Garbage disposal
- Pool maintenance
- Readdressing mail
- Forwarding faxes or important documents
- Pet care
- Regular walking
- Vet visits and necessary medications
Refer to our guide pages “Agree In Writing” and “Steps To Selecting Your Housesitter.”