We are looking for mature, experienced house sitter(s) to take care of our home and our cat (living outside).
Our house is in rural area with a lot of wildlife, and it is seen by many as outdoor enthusiast playground. Therefore this assignment will very likely appeal most to people who enjoy outdoors and winter sports or house sitters looking for peaceful surroundings and solitude.
Please, no smokers, no children and no pets. All prospect house sitters will be asked for references.
Closest town is 30 min. / 45km North (Nakusp, around two thousand permanent residents) and has all basic services. There is no public transport to speak of. Consequently, the car is absolutely essential, 4x4 vehicle would be a bonus.
Our 22 acre property is 510 meters above the seal level. Anyone considering house sitting must expect the snow and sub-zero temperatures. The plowing of the driveway could be arranged with local contractor on "as required" bases.
* There is Telus mobile service in Burton area, but the signal at our property is weak or none, depending on the quality of the mobile used. This is because our property is in the signal "shadow". Just meters down the road the signal has full strength.
* There is no TV in our household. We have a DVD player, projector & screen
* Our Internet connection is via community wireless network, its performance is respectable. However, it must be understood that the weather may negatively impact the service provided, and the Internet connection we have is slow by comparison to "cable" speeds in urban areas, but sufficient for all basic tasks - electronic mail, searches, posting pictures, etc. However, do not expect any possibility of audio or video-streaming or video-conferencing. Our hose has Ethernet & WiFi connections and VOIP tele .
* Alternative WiFi Internet connections are available in the library, visitor center and number of coffee shops in Nakusp.
We travel frequently and extensively, consequently we encourage you to:
* check the list of terms/dates for already scheduled assignments (below)
* to contact us if interested to house sit our home in the future (please, include specifics as usual + your target dates)
Following trips are already planed and we seek suitable house sitters for outlined time periods:
"South America" trips / approximately 7-8 months
* October 15th (+/-), 2018 - May 25th (+/-), 2019
* October 15th (+/-), 2019 - May 25th (+/-), 2020
We will not consider splitting the term, that means only the house sitting teams interested and able to cover WHOLE term should contact us.
We are flexible when it comes to overlapping days before, as well as after each listed the assignment.
====== Important additional information ======
The preference will be given to:
* Couples, 45+
* Parties with their own vehicle and experience driving on snow/ice
* People in very good health (as any health facilities in this area are extremely limited)
* Parties with flexible calendar
* No smoking, no pets, no kids these preferences are listed last, but they are non-negotiable.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have.