Kamerunga is a "semi-rural" suburb just 11 mins north of Cairns,the tropical internationally popular tourist centre in Far North Queensland.
Our house has a bit of history, being relocated from Cairns in 1988 onto a 2000 sq metre property. Just minutes away from Barron Gorge National Park, Stoney Creek National Park and Crystal Waters Reserve, our house has 260 degree views of rainforest and lovely hills and gorges and a sense of privacy from neighbours.
Fully air-conditioned if required in summer months.
Our gardens are not what you'd call "manicured" - they are tropical and a bit wild so don't need much maintenence.
The house is a 3 B/room Queenslander with a 6X5m deck overlooking Barron Gorge. Downstairs is a large extra bedroom-office and a under cover paved area. We have a pool with a undercover area & BBQ.
1. cat lives here - 16 YO Sassy likes attention and cuddles. She'll probably miss us a little, but makes friends easily. She's got some curious ways like a soft growl-talk when she's hungry around dinner time.
2. Shopping centres are within 5 mins drive from our home and there's bus stops to town and Northern Beaches within 5 mins walk.
We require someone to
* take care of the garden by turning on the water systems (4 sections) every few days
* care for and feed Sassy (cat) twice each day. She appreciates cuddles, pats and scratches.
* keep general care of our home while staying.