Sitters wanted to care for our 2 stumpy tailed cattle dogs in our home in beautiful Lake Macquarie.
Great location in the suburb of Jewells which is just north of Belmont in Lake Macquarie (Newcastle).
- Quiet and private location which backs onto the Australian bush
- Short walk to the local shops with supermarket, pharmacy, and pub (with a nice bistro for meals)
- Short 5min drive to local Redhead Beach
- Approx 10 minute drive to numerous locations along the beautiful Lake Macquarie where you will find a beautiful lakeside cycle track, numerous shops/ cafes and parks
- 5 mins to large shopping centre at Charlestown
- 20min drive into Newcastle inner city (although we rarely visit as everything we need is on our doorstep in Lake Macquarie)
- Approx 1km from the Fernleigh bike track - a popular cycle track that traverses through the Glenrock State Conservation Area and Awabakal Nature Reserve extending from Belmont to Adamstown.
- A perfect base with many other fantastic things to do nearby as day trips such as visiting the Hunter Valley or Port Stephens
- 100m from bus stop
House is furnished with a brand new queen sized bed in the guest room. There is an adjacent large bathroom and toilet. Kitchen is large with modern bench tops and quality new appliances, and everything you could possibly need to cook even the most extravagant meal. There is a large sun room next to the kitchen which opens on to a large deck with an outdoor setting- The perfect place to sit and relax on a summer evening. The lounge room has a leather lounge and large flat screen TV. We also have high speed internet and wifi and reverse cycle air-conditioner in the lounge/ kitchen area. We have yard with vege garden and fruit trees, and any produce is fine to go ahead and use in the kitchen. Two bicycles are available that we would be happy for you to use to explore the local cycle tracks (highly recommended). Another bed can also be supplied if needed.
We have 2 Stumpy Tail Cattle Dogs. Pixi is 9 and Zorro is 4. They are well trained and lovable (of course). They require walking on lead each morning and they love a ball game at any time! We have taught our dogs good manners which we would like you to continue.
Both dogs are actively trained and have achieved a high level of obedience with Pixi having obtained the titles of CCD and CD in Obedience and a novice title in RallyO. Someone who has had experience with active working dogs previously would be preferred.
We will be away over a week in September. This would be the ideal house-sit for people who are visiting relatives in the Newcastle/ Lake Macquarie area and need a bit more room/ somewhere to stay or alternatively a great base for enjoying a relaxing holiday in a great location. Ideally we would like someone loves dogs and would care for our dogs and house as if it were their own.
We would like to meet the right house sitters prior to use leaving so you can meet and get familiar with the dogs. You would be staying in the guest bedroom so happy to accommodate an early arrival or staying a day or so extra before moving on if needed.
References will be checked.
Please contact me if you have any questions or would like any more information.