Hello! While I am away, my beautiful old home, house plants, garden and yard need tending to along with my two dogs and 2 cats.
This is perfect for travelers who love nature, writers/artists, runners and/or people seeking a retreat. I am literally in paradise- nestled by woods on three sides and a beautiful meadow in front of the house. It feels like being in the "middle of nowhere" yet I am only 4 miles from the closest town (Hamilton, NY).
Besides hanging out on the front porch, going for walks in the woods or making yummy meals from the garden, there is also much to do in the surrounding area of Central NY.
Here is the work that needs to be done:
- The lawn needs mowing once a week (takes 3-4 hours with power push mower)
- The small greenhouse will need watering, eating and weeding min a day)
- The houseplants need a weekly drink
- Animal care: the dogs need a daily walk/run for at least an hour. The dogs and cats need feeding of course. The dogs have an enclosed yard in the back of the house, and their poo needs picking up every couple of days. I compost that too and the bin is in the backyard. The cat box needs checking daily but the cats prefer to go outside, so it rarely needs scooping.
- I ask that you keep the house tidy which includes weekly vacuuming because of animal hair. The house will be clean when you get here and I would like it to be clean when I return.
- The house is heated by a wood furnace and I will show you how to use that before I leave. You must be comfortable with wood stoves- starting a fire and able to load wood into the stove.
- I have garbage and recycling pick up but food scraps go in the compost pile. I do the pile compost method so very little maintenance is needed.
Please contact me if you have any questions! I look forward to hearing from you.