Home and pet sitter needed from Sept 25th-Oct 16th
House Sitter Needed for Username: RuralNirvanaSave
Posted or Updated Mar 10,2018
Madison,New York United States
View location map
For 3 weeks | Short Term
House sit has been Removed, Filled, or Not Availablecontact other Homeowners
Hello! While I am away, my beautiful old home, house plants, two dogs and two cats need tending to.
This is a perfect spot for travelers who love nature, writers/artists, runners and/or people seeking a retreat. I am literally in paradise- nestled by woods on three sides and a beautiful meadow in front of the house. It feels like being in the "middle of nowhere" yet I am only 4 miles from the closest town (Hamilton, NY).
Besides hanging out on the front porch and going for walks in the woods, there is also much to do in the surrounding area of Central NY. The Adirondacks are a few hours a way, Syracuse and Utica are an hour away for city happenings and there are amazing trails nearby.
Here is the work that needs to be done:
- The houseplants need a weekly drink
- Animal care: the dogs need a daily walk/run for at least an hour. The dogs and cats need feeding of course. The dogs have an enclosed yard in the back of the house, and their poo needs picking up every couple of days. I compost that too and the bin is in the backyard. The cat box needs checking daily but the cats prefer to go outside, so it rarely needs scooping. There are trails in the woods next to the house and a 5 mile loop of country road that offers great views of the countryside.
- I ask that you keep the house tidy which includes weekly vacuuming because of animal hair.
- The house is heated by a wood furnace and I will show you how to use that before I leave. You must be comfortable with wood stoves- starting a fire and able to load wood into the stove. The stove may need to be filled about once a day depending on the weather.
- I have garbage and recycling pick up but food scraps go in the compost pile. I do the pile compost method no maintenance is needed.
My parents ahd friends are in the area so if local assitance is needed, there is plenty of support closeby. Please contact me if you have any questions! I look forward to hearing from you.
Contact Home Owner
Please click on the register button below to register as a House Sitter,
and receive your own confidential message system so you can contact Home owners
identified only by your chosen username (login name).
Contact Home Owner
, You must be a Full/Paid member to contact Homeowners. Please click button below to return to your members area, and activate your Full/Paid Membership. You may then Apply for Unlimited housesits for the next 12 months (Plus a Bonus Month.)
Close this window to continue browsing.
RuralNirvana is a Verified Supporter of Housecarers.
You have already saved this Housesit
Do you want this Housesit
stored in your Housesit Favorites list?
Please click on the Register button
below to Register as a House Sitter,
for your own House Sitters Portal, so you Save Your Favourite Housesits
like Home owners