I'm looking for a house sitter who can take care of my three cats (aged 10, 5, and 2), play with them and keep them company at night.
The dates are 27 February to 6 March but staying longer is also great if two weeks work better for you.
The house is in a modern, quiet residential area of Stirling, between the medieval city centre and the university with its beautiful grounds, and the National Wallace monument nearby. It is spacious with a separate guest bedroom and bathroom, modern kitchen, and fast wifi. A cleaner comes once a week and the garden is maintained on roughly a monthly basis.
Stirling has many tourist attractions, including a castle, battlefield, and scenic old bridge. It is the gateway to northern Scotland and amazing scenery is only a 15-minute drive away.
Your responsibilities will be:
1) Caring for three indoor/outdoor cats, including: litter box maintenance and cleaning, feeding 2x each day, providing fresh water, injecting the eldest cat with insulin on a regular schedule and making sure she eats, love and care throughout the day and night.
2) Caring for indoor and outdoor plants as required - given this is Scotland, it's not very likely that outdoor plants will require watering but you never know.
3) Collecting mail and letting me know if anything that seems urgent arrives.
4) Recycling as appropriate and putting the bins out at the correct time.
5) Sending me one message a day to reassure me all is well. Getting in touch with any questions.
6) Participate in either a face-to-face transition (return keys and assess the property) with me or my authorized representative at the completion of the assignment OR a last day debriefing video conference with me or my authorized representative to close out assignment term.
7) Being a good, respectful neighbor to my wonderful neighbors and to my lodger.
8) Non-smoking, no pets, no parties, no children. Doors must be locked when upstairs or outside.
9) I ask that you stay in the house every night - this is not a base from which to explore far afield. Many amazing destinations can be reached on a day trip: Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews, the Trossachs National Park with Loch Lomond, even Glencoe.
Things to consider before applying for this assignment:
All assignment offers are contingent on supplying ID. I also require house sitting and character references and will follow up with the providers.