Villa in Krkonoše Mountains, Czech Republic. Stunning nature, private garden, walkable town.
House Sitter Needed for Username: VrchlabiVillaSave
Posted or Updated Jun 25,2018
For 6 weeks - somewhat flexible | Short Medium Term
House sit has been Removed, Filled, or Not Availablecontact other Homeowners
We are seeking a responsible house sitter to care for our beloved home, sweet cat, and happy, active dog while we are away. We prefer a single individual or a quiet couple to stay in our home.
The best fit for this assignment is someone who is comfortable with (potentially) new languages, enjoys time in nature, likes engaging in a bit of care and harvest in the garden, isn't looking for really active nightlife, and especially enjoys hiking with an active Border Collie on the many surrounding mountain, meadow and forest trails.
Your responsibilities will be:
1) Caring for lawn and garden, including: Mowing grass and trimming hedges, picking ripe fruit (July will bring cherries and red currants), scooping poop for one dog.
2) Caring for one dog, including: at least 2x daily 30 minute walks, feeding kibble, providing fresh water, love and care throughout the day and night.
3) Caring for one indoor/outdoor cat, including: litter box maintenance and cleaning, feeding kibble 2x each day, providing fresh water, love and care throughout the day and night.
4) Collecting mail from house box and sign for any packages arriving (unlikely).
5) Participate in a weekly video conference with homeowners to provide updates on pets and home and an opportunity for both parties to ask questions. Participate in additional communication as needed via text, , video. (i.e. emergencies, special instances).
6) Participate in either a face-to-face transition (return keys and assess the property) with the homeowner or our authorized representative at the completion of the assignment OR a last day debriefing video conference with the homeowner or authorized representative to close out assignment term.
7) Be a good, respectful neighbor to our wonderful neighbors.
8) Non-smoking house sitters, only.
Some good features of this property and location are:
Large older home, situated next to a lake with swimming and fishing, hiking trails and two popular open air restaurants. Wifi, non-smoking home. Large private garden with multiple plants and trees including cherry, apple, plum, walnut and others. Fire pit and firewood available for outdoor evenings. Football/soccer stadium with groomed XC ski trails in winter within walking distance. Vrchlabi is a community of 13,000 people in the Krkonose Mountains - easy access to ski lifts for summer mountain biking or hiking, winter downhill and XC skiing, and other nature-based activities. Culture Center with concerts and films. Theater for plays and musicals. Central square and castle grounds are 15 minutes walking from house. Many restaurants (incl. 2 vegetarian), pubs, cafes, shops (incl. 3 natural food stores) and amenities provide just about everything you might require. We are 132 km NE of Prague and there is bus service available with direct service to Prague.
Castles, National Parks, and Mountain Sports such as skiing, hiking, biking, are in abundance in our region. We are a tourist destination and as such there are many wellness centers with swimming, sauna, massage and other offerings throughout our area.
Things to consider before applying for this assignment:
All job offers are contingent on completing (or providing) a thorough background check and verifiable references. Photo IDs will be required to receive house keys. We will keep a copy of your ID on file during your stay.
We are in a smaller city where many people do not speak fluent English, although because we are a town that caters to tourism, there are also many people who do speak small amounts of English, German, Polish, Russian or Dutch. If you do not speak Czech, you can definitely get by but it would be useful to learn a few phrases.
It's possbile that one of us will need to be in town periodically. If so, we will use our second unrenovated apartment, in the same house, but will need to share the shower and possibly the kitchen.
Public transportation is available primarily through bus service, which is extensive. Train service is also available. Many people do not own a car or use their car infrequently as the town is extremely walkable. A car is handy to have, but not a requirement to enjoy a full life here.
Learn more about Vrchlabi: mestovrchlabi.cz/en/
Krkonose National Park: krnap.cz/en/
Contact Home Owner
Please click on the register button below to register as a House Sitter,
and receive your own confidential message system so you can contact Home owners
identified only by your chosen username (login name).
Contact Home Owner
, You must be a Full/Paid member to contact Homeowners. Please click button below to return to your members area, and activate your Full/Paid Membership. You may then Apply for Unlimited housesits for the next 12 months (Plus a Bonus Month.)
Close this window to continue browsing.
VrchlabiVilla is a Verified Supporter of Housecarers.
You have already saved this Housesit
Do you want this Housesit
stored in your Housesit Favorites list?
Please click on the Register button
below to Register as a House Sitter,
for your own House Sitters Portal, so you Save Your Favourite Housesits
like Home owners