Seeking a couple who can petsit our lovable Goldendoodle, while enjoying our lovely pool and waterside views. ALL BILLS PAID except your food, personal expenses, transportation, and leisure activities. Nonsmokers please, with no pets of their own. Maintenance of the pool requested. Details are outlined below, and will require only a few hours each week if done consistently. The rest of the time is yours to enjoy!
You will be in a safe and friendly suburb of Cape Coral, Florida -- right on the water with Gulf access in a 2-bedroom home with a lovely swimming pool, complete with an outdoor shower. The home has southern exposure, so you can enjoy sunsets nightly on the screened-in lanai. The responsibilities outlined carefully below will not consume but a few hours each week, leaving you free to enjoy this vacation paradise.
Florida's Southwest Gulf Coast contains a constellation of enticing coastal gems. Stunning beaches, including Ft. Myers Beach, Tigertail Beach and Pensacola Beach, fringe the Gulf, down the I-75 from Tampa to Naples. Sanibel Island's shelling attracts thousands. Cape Coral's waters are paradise for flyfishing. Golfers adore spectacular courses in Marco Island and Naples. Glorious sunny days and deliciously warm turquoise waters beckon.
We are providing as much detail as possible so there are no surprises! We believe you will love living in our home with our adorable and loveable Goldendoodle as much as we do!
1. Transportation -- While we live a few minutes' walk to a Publix grocery store, you must have your own car for all other errands. This includes going to a nearby pool supply store every 10 days for free pool water chemical testing.
2. Pool care -- These are all tasks we do ourselves, and we will supply you a demonstration of us doing these on . The pool does not use a lot of chlorine, but needs daily/routine brushing, which is a 5-minute task. Weekly addition of chlorine tablets to chlorinator minute task. Daily quick check to verify pump area is OK - Visual checks of screen basket for any issues. Check setting for Ozone mechanism and verification of light on- 1 minute. Daily inspection of skimmer basket for leaves, debris removal - 1 minute. Every 2-3 weeks -- cleaning of pool filter with water hose. More difficult, but easily managed by a person of reasonable physical condition. This is a minute operation, frequency is determined by pool usage.
3. Swimming and Petwalking -- we ask that you know how to swim, so you can encourage our dog to swim with you and stay active during the warm summer months. See photo! Our Goldendoodle also loves to take walks -- please take her on a 10 minute walk around the neighborhood in the mornings and evenings.
4. Pet food – We supply all food and meds for our pet at no cost to you. We cook a rice/oatmeal mix that is added to dry bag dog food, so we ask that you do the same and will provide recipe. Vegetables make up an important addition. Dog is fed twice daily.
5. Pet meds -- once a month tablet by mouth - Trifexis, heart worm, flea, and other intestinal organisms are kept in check. No issues ever with fleas!
6. WiFi service is supplied and paid for by us -- Mobile device provides good speed for all internet needs for us throughout the year. This is the same device we use when we live here.
7. A/C -- Will keep you very cool -- just replace the supplied filter once a month
8. House air quality -- Additional Honeywell air filter is provided -- keeps house air really clean.
9. Most important – This is our 3rd summer of having sitters in our home. Our biggest request is: let us know if you have any questions or concerns while we are away and we will always provide a solution. We will provide several internet-based ways for you to stay in touch with us at no cost to you.