I need a house / cat sitter for about two weeks in the latter half of September. I can maybe flex the dates by a day. I live in a 1-bed, 1-bath apartment in a large complex located in West Los Angeles, near the freeways. I will only consider non-smokers.
Being a cat lover is a must. You would be caring for my cat, who LOVES people (once she gets used to them). She will want attention and if you make good enough friends, she will give you snuggles. Daily litter box changes and feeding would be expected. Occasional brushing and vacuuming of high-traffic areas (to reduce litter tracking - believe me it's for your benefit too!). Although she does love attention and will let you know when she wants more attention, she's used to me working long hours 4 days per week. You can spend a good portion of your day in the apartment not seeing her (although I imagine you'll be out exploring the sites!). When she's in the right mood, she as a couple toys that she will play fetch with.
What is available in my apartment:
1 fortable surfaces - queen-sized bed, couch, papasan
2. Smart-TV connected to Netflix, Hulu (commercial free), and Amazon prime, wifi access
3. Fully stocked kitchen - pots/pans, crockpot, Kitchenaid, pressure cooker, Blentect blender, etc. available for your use if are willing to clean them properly
4. Electric piano with weighted keys, pedals (must use head phones due to living in an apartment complex)
5. I'll clear out some closet space for you to hang your clothing
6. Pool available in the apartment complex
What is NOT available:
1. Coffee maker (Starbucks within walking distance)
2. Central air/hearing (just localized wall units). LA usually does not have too many extremes in temperature so I get along fine.
3. In-unit laundry.
4. Garage Parking/car - I will unfortunately have to keep my car in the garage, and I am uninsured for other drivers. There is street parking available, and there is a small business lot adjacent to my apartment. Rideshare services are also frequently utilized in LA.
If you're available and interested, please reach out with any additional questions you may have!