We are looking for quieter active persons with home ownership experience (non-smokers, no vaping, no drugs) to care for our dog, home and indoor plants while we are away. We prefer someone who loves & understands dogs and wants to see the area. Will need established references. We like the idea of home stay in exchange for dog care, so we ask that no professional pet sitters contact us.
We leave around 12/1 and return Jan 12. It would work best if you arrive earlier to introduce you to our dog, our home and help you get settled in and familiar with the local area and neighbors, and what is involved in caring for our dog and home. So we are looking for someone who can arrive by Nov 30th at the latest. We are also open to someone arriving earlier. We would like to share a home cooked dinner with you before we leave.
Our fur baby, is a 10 year old Maltipoo (Teeko). He loves sitting on laps, walks, snuggles, loves to play, and treats.He is low key and easy going pup.
- Located in the upscale quiet area on the hills that is a well kept secret in the Bay area. Views of the Bay and mountains.
- Lots of light, and a fenced backyard with two patio areas and two porches. Our backyard is lush. Morning coffee is great on the porch or the patio.
- Our house has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, and living areas (dining, living, kitchen).
- If you like to work from home, we have a desk area and fast Wifi.
- Our neighbourhood has friendly neighbors and plenty of trees and green.
- There is a driveway for car parking. We don’t have parking for RV.
- We have Roku/streaming svc. No satellite or cable. Local channels via antenna.
- Cell service via Verizon or AT&T. Verizon seems to work better than AT&T. No landline.
- You would have access to your own room with a bath in the hallway.
- Winters in the Bay Area are mild, and we prefer to keep temperatures around in house which keeps our electric bill manageable. We normally wear a sweater or fleece in house.
- Please note that water rates are the highest in the nation and prudent use of water helps with the water bill.
Our neighborhood and local area:
- You can stroll down to cafe & three local restaurants down the hill. There is a also convenience store and gas station.
- Redwood City downtown is under 3 miles away, with charming restaurants, shops and a theatre.
- 15 minutes to Stanford University. San Francisco is about 30+ minutes. Hwy are closeby.
- Half Moon Bay (beaches) are 20+ min away.
- Plenty of hiking trails close by.
Caring for our dog, Teeko:
- Teeko would love twice daily dog walks. He does not shed.
- Teeko gets fed once a day with dry & wet food in the evening.
- Water bowl needs to be cleaned and refilled each morning and if empty.
- He needs to let out in the fenced yard at least twice a day (or as needed). He loves to bask in the sun off our porch in the morning.
- Daily poop clean up necessary, typically during walks.
- Teeko can be left alone for no more than 7 hours. You are welcome to come and go as desired as long as the Teeko is fed, cleaned up after, and basic needs met.
- Teeko likes to cuddle and sleep in our bed. He may want to do the same with you, as a house sitter.
- We ask for regular updates (text, WhatsApp) about Teeko.
Caring for our home:
- We always leave our home clean and expect the house to be kept clean and tidy.
- Upon leaving: Vacuum shared living space and personal bedroom; clean/mop bathrooms.
- Check and bring in the mail.
- House care includes routine care of garbage and recycling.
- Possible sidewalk and yard clean-up in event of a wind/rain storm.
- Water indoor/porch plants once a week. which shouldn't take long at all.
- Minimal to no yard maintenance required
- You will have to have your own vehicle. Public transportation is available but not within walking distance. Uber/Lyft available. A vehicle is not provided due to insurance rules which does not allow other drivers for our cars.
- Our sitter manual has information about Teeko and our home.
- There is a car and a SUV that may need to be run periodically to maintain batteries.
- Letting us know if there are any issues that need to be addressed etc.
- We are usually available or when we are away if you have any questions or concerns, and we have great neighbors who you can call on for advice or help if needed.
Happy to provide add'l pictures and information. When you respond, please indicate where you are currently located, and tell me a bit about yourself and your house sitting experience. Also, we would like to connect with potential house sitters via video, so please let me know which you prefer, , or other video chat.
Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.