Our beautiful, timberframe home is located on 4 acres of land that has a creek running through it (most of the time except during dry summers). It is located in a rustic area near a state park, but it is just minutes away from groceries stores and restaurants and shops, so you get the best of both worlds: peaceful, rustic, country feel with the convenience of shopping nearby. We are also just a short 30 minutes from D.C. On our homestead, we have a 2.5 year old female great pryenees dog, about 20 chickens, 12 ducks, 3 guinea fowl, 2 geese and 3 barn cats. Our dog is very sweet and gentle and loves to play. She stays outdoors with the birds 24/7 and especially loves the winters. Her job is to protect the birds. They are all in a fenced in area. All of our animals are outdoor animals all the time. We do not permit any animals inside our house. Our cats can be a bit skittish but they warm up pretty quickly. We are looking for non-smoking, pet-free single individual or couple who would be able to help farm sit for us. You will also need to have your own vehicle for transporation.
Housesitting duties would include:
1. Feeding our dog once a day
2. Collecting and cleaning eggs at least once a day, replenishing the chicken feed once a week, ensuring water heater in water trough is working properly and replenishing the water trough once a week. You will need to be able to lift at least 50lbs as that is how heavy the feed bags are.
3. Feed the cats in the morning and removing the food in the evening. Ensure heated water bowl is working properly, cleaned and replenished every few days.
4. Water house plants once a week.
5. Keep house tidy and clean.
Additionally we have egg customers that come to our house to get eggs and we may need to communicate with you to coordinate that.
We have a guest room that will be for your use. We ask that you refrain from using all other bedrooms.
Please message us if you would be interested in house/farm sitting for us. Thanks!