Reliable retired professional non-smoking couple can help you with your house/pet sitting needs
We are both caregivers at heart - Joan is a retired advance practice nurse and Laird is a retired social work. We both enjoy adventure and the opportunity to meet new people and explore new places.
We have lived and housesat all across the country. Our first housesit was for 2 years in a small Big Horn Mountain town near Sheridan, Wyoming. After that we ventured to:
- Vieques, Puerto Rico in the Spring of 2012 to care for two very lovable rescue dogs
- Costa Rica in the Spring of 2013 to take care of three lively pooches and one very amusing cat
- Calgary, Canada in June 2013 to care for a sweetie of a cat named Zeke
- Annapolis, Maryland, Fall of 2013 to care for the adorable feline Maggie Mae
- Long Island, NY in 2014 to care for two kitties: Royce an indoor beauty and Blackie a street wise feral cat
- Near Kona, Big Island, Hawaii in 2016 to care for two cats who enjoyed their Secret Garden
- Spring 2019 in Lancaster, PA for a lovable indoor cat.
We also cared for an adorable Schnauzer named Woozer in Chevy Chase, Maryland along with his parents’ home many times when we lived close by.
We understand the value pets bring to our lives. Because we miss our former pets we enjoy taking care of others’ pets and treat them as if they were our own.
We are trustworthy and dependable. Having owned homes in a variety of regions in the US we know what it takes to keep a household running. We are confident that the owners of any home we care for will be more than satisfied with our dedication to the care of their property and pets.
Both of us have a solid work ethic and enjoy a relaxed lifestyle. Neither one of us has any health concerns, we exercise regularly, and have plenty of stamina and strength. We can care for plants, pets, pools, and whatever else might be expected of us as part of the house sitting arrangement.
We enjoy variety, getting to know a new place, and assimilating ourselves into the community to learn firsthand what the area is all about. That is why we like housesitting so much. No fussy hotels and artificial lifestyle.
We often maintain a relationship with the homeowners we have met and this has added to the enrichment of our lives.
Contact us and see if we are a good fit for your next housesitting need. We are confident that we can exceed your expectations when it comes to caring for your pets and home. Feel free to contact us for more information and for a list of our references.