Having spent considerable time and effort renovating a house, I very much appreciate the value that others place on their own homes and thus would treat your home with the utmost care.
With respect to pets, I have always had pets in my life so I would feel right at home caring for your fur-babies (if any). I currently have a big-hearted 5-year-old labrador; I've also had several cats and found homes for a few others that were living on the streets and in need of care. Having had pets my entire life, I know well the difference that resting assured one's critters are happy and content can make, and I find that receiving periodic photos of one's pets can go a long way toward providing such peace of mind. I would thus make a point to send you photos of your little ones over the course of a housesit. To my delight, one woman for whom I sat told me that one of the photos that I sent her of her cat was her favorate image of him. <3
Other details about me:
* I do not smoke or use drugs. I do enjoy an occasional glass of wine or beer.
* I can tend houseplants as relevant.
* I am a freelance editor. As a result, I am flexible with respect to the duration of a housesitting engagement, though I prefer a duration of at least several weeks to be able to settle in for a spell and get to know a community a bit. Further, because I generally work from "home", I am able to offer your pets company the vast majority of days and evenings. My presence at your home the majority of the time may also provide security benefits, depending on your situation.
* I am passionate about learning new languages and cultures - every location offers different opportunities to learn something new about both the world and oneself.
* I have two Master's degrees.
* I have four prior housesitting experiences: 1) I lived in a friend's home in Mexico City for approximately six months coming out of graduate school, managing the running of his household and tending his fish while he was traveling abroad for work, 2) I cared for a woman's elderly cat with medical needs in Paris for approximately 5 weeks (the woman who found my photos of her cat a cherished gift), 3) I cared for the home of friends-of-friends living outside Guadalajara, Mexico for six weeks, providing security benefits through my presence while they were away visiting family, and 4) I took a couple's two dogs on multi-mile walks daily in Somerset, UK for approximately one month while they were on vacation abroad.
* I would request access to a car if the home were not situated in the midst of plentiful, frequent public transport options. For example, no car needed in Mexico City or Paris, while a car is a must in smaller villages or the countryside. I can provide an international driver's license and would be happy to cover the cost associated with being added to one's car insurance policy.
I look forward to discussing your housesitting needs and answering any questions!