My name is Kate and I am a retired active lady, with extensive experience in both home & pet care. I am a non-smoking/non drinking active and well-traveled person who is independent and self-reliant. I am consequently able to cope with any problems in your absence.
Given my background as a current homeowner in Brisbane Australia, with garden/swimming pool care experience (and a Virgo!) I have an exceptionally high standard of home care and will leave your house in a standard above your expectations.
I enjoy house sitting as it gives me the opportunity to travel and explore towns & city's at a slower pace than if on a paid holiday. I prefer to be more of a Traveler, than a tourist. I like to get to know the locals & really see the sights at my leisure, enjoy the food, take photo's . Also I get the marvelous opportunity to spend time enjoying your pets!
My first house & pet sitting position was in 2006 in Cairns with 3 cats. Since then I have completed many local & o/seas sits, and have been invited back to every sit. : )
- In 2012 I have completed a 3 mths House sit in Florence, Italy for a Dr with two elderly wonderful cats, both having special medical needs.
- 2013 I also cared for 2 adorable cats in Kingscliff, NSW Aust.
- March 2014 I visited London for 6 weeks to house sit for a professional couple with a beautiful cat, Mr Noodles.
- April 2015 I had the pleasure of looking after a large home & extensive garden and sweet little dog, named Sasha. Returned to look after Sasha on 3 more occasions....
- June 2015, I flew to Norfolk Island to care for Missy a beautiful Australian Cattle dog, & Strawberry, a Collie Cross.
- In 2015 have returned from Bali, Indonesia, after caring for a large Villa Compound, 7 staff, 2 cats & 2 large dogs, for 4 weeks, how wonderful for me!
- Then I moved to Ubud Indonesia for 3 weeks to care for a tiny little cat named Weenie, a beautiful home & pool. Returned to Ubud again in2016.
- 2016 Back to look after Sasha again in Currimundi, QLD. Returned in 2017 & 2018 for 4 weeks.
- 2016 on a 3mth sit in beautiful Dicky Beach, QLD
- July 2016 in Hong Kong for 6 weeks with Queenie the sweet cat.
- 2017 in Dubbo with 2 Labrador dogs, Bella a Maltese 6 Chickens.
- 2017 Return to Currimundi Qld to look after Sasha for 4 weeks
- 2018 At the Gold Coast house sitting for a young couple with a 9mth old Border Collie dog & large home/pool. Returned again in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022.
- 2019 Pottsville NSW with blind Sher Pei dog, Mazee Moo. Back again for 4 weeks
- 2019 Caring for a kitty cat in New York for 5.5mths.
- 2020 Back to Pottsville for 3 weeks with Mazee Moo
- 2021 & 2022 Pottsville for 2 weeks with Eevee Pi Shar Pei puppy.....
I am able to remain in contact with the Homeowner via regular updates, or ph. I will respect all your property, and I take security of your property very seriously.
I am an animal lover and having cared for various pets throughout my life I feel I can provide all the love, kindness and attention your pet/s need, until you return. I have experience giving subcutaneous fluid to support kidney failure in cats.
I am free & happy to be able to travel overseas at short notice. I also have a clean driving license, & have driven a 24' Motorhome solo through France & New Zealand for 2mths each time.
Thank you for taking the time to consider me in your search for a house sitter. If you require any further information or would like to contact me please do not hesitate.
I do have some of my impeccable References available for your perusal on this site, plus others. Also a personal reference that is available on request.