I'm a thirty-seven-year-old American teacher & writer with a good deal of caretaking experience.
My most recent assignment (3 months) saw me managing a cider orchard in Normandy (gardening, cleaning the house and serving meals for B&B guests, helping look after the resident flock of sheep, and caring for two absolutely spoiled, delightful farm-cats).
- Taken care of a B&B on an island of the coast of Maine for two weeks
- Looked after two dogs and three cats in a converted farmhouse on the island of Cyprus for three months.
- Done weeklong house (and cat) sitting assignment for my graduate school professors.
- Served as camp manager of a small satellite camp in the Okavango Delta in Botswana.
- Completed monthlong house- and cat-sitting assignments in Montreal, Toronto, and Boulder.
I'm a respectful, quiet guest (and courteous, professional, attentive host). I don't smoke or drink and I've got a green thumb so I can confidently attest that I'll be able to keep your plants well-watered (but not too well-watered) while you're away. And, for what it's worth, I've got a natural rapport with cats.
I'd be happy to provide you with a complete list of references from a variety of my previous housesitting assignments. If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in touch. I look forward to hearing from you.