Hi! We are Jake and Amy, and over the past 9 years we have cared for the homes, pets, and property of 9 families. These families consistently ask for us to return, and are thankful for the security and peace of mind that our presence provides.
We have experience with dogs, cats, chickens and roosters, chicks, ducks, geese, goats, and fish (and are always willing to learn)! We are comfortable administering medication and have cared for elderly animals. Jake is an avid gardener who has worked with a variety of plants - flowers, vegetable-bearing, and fruit-bearing. We have cared for property on well and septic systems, used solar-powered electricity, wood-burning stoves, and compost.
We are location independent and own an online business which allows us to spend time caring for your animals and property.
We are both non-smokers, have no dependents, and no pets. Being in our late twenties and early thirties, we are energetic, yet we are also responsible and trustworthy (as is demonstrated by our extensive experience and references). We speak Spanish with moderate proficiency, and some conversational Italian, French, and American Sign Language.
We can't wait to hear from you!
Our housesitting experience includes (but is not limited to):
- 3 Golden Retrievers, one in advanced age and requiring medication, 3 week duration
- 7 animals (2 dogs and 5 cats), including a recently rescued kitten and an elderly dog requiring pill administration, 5 week duration
- A 64 kg (140 lb) adolescent Bernese Mountain Dog requiring confident and a strong leader on walks, and close monitoring for health issues
- An energetic Jack Russell Terrier and 19 year-old indoor-outdoor cat requiring medication in a historically listed home
- 3 rescue chickens in fragile health
- 2 dogs, one elderly and requiring medication, 1 acre of land
- 2 15-year-old indoor-outdoor cats, 1 acre of land
- Approximately 50 chickens, muscavies, ducks, geese, chicks, a rooster, and a dog (border collie mix). Rural property, 2 acres of land, on a well system and solar power. Multiple occasions up to 1.5 months
- 2 dogs (Golden Retrievers), multiple occasions up to 1.5 months
- 1 dog (Blue Heeler), 1 cat, 6 chickens, rural property, approximately 2 acres of land, maintained large flower and vegetable gardens. Multiple occasions
- 1 dog (Labrador), 1 cat, multiple occasions
- 2 dogs (Australian Shepherds), flower and vegetable gardens. Multiple occasions
- 2 cats (1 with health issues requiring medication administration). Multiple occasions
- 1 dog (Labrador, with serious health issues requiring medication administration), 2 goats, 13 chickens, rural property, approximately 2 acres of land
- 2 cats, 4 week duration