About Leslie & Daniel
Leslie grew up in Huntsville, Alabama while Daniel was raised in a suburb of Raleigh, North Carolina. We are both content editors, with the ability to work remotely. We share a passion for any and all animals, traveling, learning new things, Disney, nature, and much more.
We built our first house 6 years ago and currently have two cats (Leo and Katie Scarlett) and a Dutch rabbit (Tallulah). We have had pets throughout our entire lives ranging from dogs (big and small), cats, fish, rabbits, turtles, and more. We eventually want to build further outside of the city so we can have goats, sheep, and horses too! In the meantime, we resist the urge to adopt every animal we see. We spoil our pets and everyone else’s with love and attention, as such animals typically bond quickly to both of us.
Why we want to housesit
We both want to be able to travel more often; however, owning and maintaining a home can often reduce our budget for travel. We’ve recently started using a site to rent private rooms or guest houses on trips in order to stretch the length of time we could stay in each area (more affordable than hotels). Our most recent stay was a shared space with two Great Danes and a cat and we have offered to housesit in the future if she ever needs the service. That gave us the idea to research ways to find additional house/petsitting opportunities. It gives us the chance to travel and see new areas, live like locals while we are there, help other pet/home owners while they travel, and gain new friends (both human and animal).
Our experience and other details:
1. We have both had lifelong experiences caring and loving various animals. Aside from our personal pets, we have helped neighbors, friends, family, and coworkers care for their homes and pets while traveling.
2. Our current cats are 2 of 7 kittens we fostered from the age of 9 days old! (We also had their mother and a sibling until they recently passed from health issues.) We are cat people for sure, but we also equally love dogs and other animals too. (Our last dog was a black lab who passed away at the age of 16.)
3. Your pets will be our number 1 priority while we are in your house. While we do hope to find things in your area to experience, we realize how important your pets and home are to you while you are away and will keep them our first priority. We will keep you updated as little or as much as you like (including pictures and/or phone calls if you wish!)
4. We are flexible and detail-oriented. We will try our best to follow your instructions as provided. I understand that the level of instruction will vary based on the situation.
5. We have experience caring for and maintaining a home. We will let you know ASAP if something needs your attention. Just let us know what is needed and we will be happy to help.
6. We are both reliable and trustworthy. We both appreciate our own privacy and we will respect yours as well. It is a big deal to trust someone in your home and with your family members. We do not take that responsibility lightly.
7. We are non-smokers.
8. While we enjoy traveling to new places and exploring, we are also equally homebodies. We enjoy checking out a museum or an interesting landmark. But, we equally enjoy a quiet walk around the neighborhood, a good book on the couch, or a movie night at home with our animal friends.
9. Above all, we will love and care for your pets as much as we do our own so you can enjoy your travels without worrying about your pets and home.