Hello! My name is Mindy, and I look forward to being your housesitter. A little about me:
• I grew up in the northwoods of Wisconsin in a little town known for its lakes & wildlife. I had a ton of pets as a kid including horses, ducks, cats, gerbils, fish, rabbits, and dogs.
• One of our dogs was blind and had seizures, while some of our other pets had issues with arthritis or other illnesses as they got older. So I have experience with pets with special needs.
• Does your pet have to take medication? No problem. I have experience with both oral & injected meds.
• My previous housesits have ranged from one night to several weeks at a time.
• I have volunteered at various humane societies as a dog walker & kennel cleaner.
• I am a non-smoker.
• I was a Bio major in college & did an internship at the Kansas City Zoo where I worked with sea lions, kangaroos, chimps, chinchillas, emus, and elephants, to name just a few.
• I worked for over 15 years in University Housing/Residence Life at various universities throughout the country (including Cal Poly). It was my job to manage the residence halls and apartments that the students lived in on-campus.
• I've traveled to 31 countries and 6 out of 7 continents. Just need to hit Antarctica, and I'll have them all. :)
• I am new to HouseCarers, but have done numerous housesits thru Rover & Trusted Housesitter.
Let me know if you have any questions, and I hope to hear from you soon!