Canadian permanent residents (originally from France, many years ago), we spent 5 years in Toronto before driving around USA/Canada for months, until November 2019 when we decided to stay put and safe in Western Canada.
We are willing to take care of your house and pets (spiders excluded :-) while you are away or unable to do it yourself, in exchange of accomodation.
Non smokers, French and English speakers (and a little Spanish too), we had homes swap (including cars), house and pet sitting experiences in Canada, France and USA. Besides, our elder daughter was a daily dog walker the past year.
Aside from being a nice way to exchange services (taking care of someone's house and favorite companions vs/ accommodation), it is also a great way to meet with new animal friends, to make sure being separated from their owners is not too hard for them, as well as to see what life is locally.
Here is in a nutshell what we've been responsible for so far:
- 2 weeks house sit turned to 6 months (France)
- 2 weeks home/car swap 1 cat (Canada, ON)
- 2 weeks home/car swap (Canada, ON)
- 3 days house sit 1 dog (Canada, ON)
Since January 2019:
- 1 week house sit 1 cat (USA, NC)
- 3 days house sit 1 cat 1 dog (USA, CA)
- 1 week house sit 1 cat 1 dog (USA, WA)
- 3 weeks house sit 2 dogs 1 bird (Canada, AB)
- 2 weeks house sit 2 cats 1 dog (Canada, AB)
- 1 month house sit 2 cats 1 donkey 2 horses 1 dog (Canada, BC)
- 1 month house sit 2 dogs 1 bird (Canada, AB)
- 4 months house sit 1 dog chicken (Canada, BC)
- 4.5 months caretaking (Canada, BC)
- 3 weeks house sit 2 horses 2 cats (Canada, BC)
- 2 weeks house sit 2 dogs (Canada, AB)
- 5 weeks house sit 1 cat (Canada, BC)
- many many couchsurfing experiences
- experiences too
References, reviews and police check available upon request as Housecarers does not allow to insert any link.
Also, if you want to follow us on Face/book, you can check my husband's profile (vincent chevalot).
The main basis of housesitting is obviously (for us) to ensure that the pets are safe and happy, as well as the house is securely locked and correctly maintained.
But in addition, we can offer music or French lessons, meanwhile if you are going away, it may get tricky :-)