*** June 2022: We’re still actively sitting and are booked up several months in advance in the Lake Chapala area (offline). We’re seeking sits in the San Miguel area starting as early as December 2022 at least through May 2023. ***
* Full-time/year-round sitters/travelers. We do not own or rent a home, so our listed location is wherever we happen to be at the time (Mexico until Feb 2022).
* A semi-retired financial planner/investment adviser (Cathie), retired Renaissance man (Brian), a retired cattle herder (Doc).
* NOT too good to be true! What you see/read is what you get.
* Super dependable (go ahead & buy those plane tickets!).
* Healthy, fit and strong non-smokers.
* We provide LOTS of love, exercise, cuddles & attention, as well as provide a secure 24/7 presence. YOUR ANIMALS & HOME COME FIRST.
* We will protect your animal(s) as if they are our own - in your home/yard, on walks, at dog parks, etc.
* We have simplified our lives tremendously in order to experience more balance and happiness. We've done the big house, fast-paced job thing, and we walked away with enough resources to maintain this lifestyle.
HOW WE SPEND OUR TIME: playing with/walking/cuddling our Aussie, Doc and the other animals we’re taking care of, reading, writing, music (listening plus Brian’s been singing for a few yrs now), “amateur doodling” (Cathie), yoga and qi gong, biking, chess, baking/cooking, Netflix comedy and bingeing, and being still.
PRACTICAL & TECHNICAL SKILLS:
* Your animals and home receive meticulous attention and care.
* Knowledgeable & experienced with home maintenance and care, including reverse osmosis, Rinnai, HE appliances, compost toilets, timers, sprinkler systems, conservation, and off-grid systems & lifestyle.
* TLC cleaning & care of different surfaces, utensils, pans, tools...
* Both of us can drive manual shift vehicles and have our licenses in Mexico and the States.
* Laid-back, casual (formal when needed), open-minded. * We are extroverts & can negotiate communications with a variety of people with ease (neighbors, staff...)
* Independent thinkers. Good problem-solvers.
* We are foodies & health-minded. We do, however, sometimes allow ourselves to FULLY indulge in delicious items not normally in our grain-free diet - we do enjoy living, after all (hello, real butter and top-notch filet mignon a la bearnaise)!
* Both very oriented towards cleanliness & energy efficiency.
* As an industry requirement, Cathie has been a FINRA member since 2005, her most recent BACKGROUND CHECK/fingerprinting was in 2013, and Kipling & Co. is a Montana-registered corporation.
OUR AUSSIE, DOC:
(As of June 2022, Doc will stay in Mexico if one of us does a sit in the States.)
Q: Does your dog need a furry playmate/companion?
Q: Are you considering getting another dog & want to see how adding another dog to the household affects the dynamics?
Doc... * Is a healthy, happy, clean 11-year-old neutered male, usually with a summer haircut. 60 pounds.
* Barks when someone comes in the door (a great SECURITY measure!).
* Is a balanced, loving soul who’s fun to hang out with & a fun play buddy for your dog(s), if they’re interested - if not, he respects that.
* Still has lots of curiosity, playfulness, endurance, and Zest for life!
* Is gentle on homes (only chews on toys & sticks, doesn’t dig, neutral coat & breath, very light shedder), sleeps in his crate, and is only allowed on furniture if YOUR animals are (and only by invitation).
* Is big on cuddling and massages (getting, not giving!). :-0)
* Gets along great with a variety of dogs, especially smaller breeds (protects them from predators).
* Has a lot of experience blending in with dogs, cats, and horses. * Is interested in following cats but doesn’t trespass in their safety zones.
ONE OR BOTH OF US HAVE LIVED IN:
* New England and New York (Ithaca) * The Bay Area * Montana (Bitterroot Valley) * Santa Fe and Albuquerque * Seattle and San Juan Islands * London * Paris outskirts (Fountainbleau, Samois-sur-Seine)
WHY WE SIT:
* We were meant to be animal parents, not parents of human babies.
* We enjoy saving money and traveling to WARM places especially.
* We want to connect with others who understand what we’re doing and have great enthusiasm for the same things - pets, travel and LIVING life.
* Giving medications to dogs & cats, including one “special needs”/highly sensitive dog. * Two-three horses at a time - haltering, feeding, brushing, fly spray, abscess lavaging & wound care, mucking. * Toad poison “treatment”/care for a dog - lavaging eyes, nose, mouth; watchful waiting, etc. * Cathie was an au pair & English tutor in France - talk about juggling discipline, academics, psychology (individualized attention) & fun time! * Since 2013 we've stayed in many ho