- I have a full-time job with a small, close knit company, doing welding inspection and non-destructive testing, which requires me to travel around Melbourne to customer sites.
When we have time between jobs, we do our reports, which I do from home or from your home, which would allow me to spend more time with your pets(s).
- I have a fiancé, who has a daughter and son from his previous relationship. We have them with us on a part time basis and have become a wonderful part of my life.
I would like to remain nearby our home so I can still spend quality time with them.
- I love all animals, they bring me peace.
We currently have a cat, Mousie.
- I am a homebody and am quite happy, reading, listening to music, watching television, needlework, lead lighting, playing computer games and surfing the internet learning new things. I also enjoy cooking and trying new recipes.
That’s not to say I’m not active. I love the outdoors and enjoy gardening, hiking, cycling, motorbiking, fishing, cross country skiing, paragliding and Qigong.
- I’ve been a non-smoker for five years.
WHY I’D LIKE TO HOUSE/PET SIT
- I am often upgrading my career qualifications, which requires me to take exams several times a year.
House / Pet sitting gives me the solitude I need from home life to allow me to study and have a regular schedule.
- More importantly, giving peace of mind to others who want their pets to be happy while they’re absent makes me feel I’m doing something worthwhile.
- Having had numerous pets over the years myself, I know how important it is that they feel comfortable and loved in their owners’ absence.
- I have had no experience house/pet sitting, other than occasions for family and friends.
- Starting from a young age, I've been the happy companion with a cat, several goldfish, a German Shepherd, a Peach Faced Lovebird, a Thoroughbred cross Drysdale Horse, two Netherland Dwarf Rabbits, a Bantam Chicken and a black Labrador.
- I have also taken care of chickens, sheep, possums, lizards. mice and snakes and shared a home where injured wildlife were brought for rehabilitation.
I assisted with healing their injuries as well as injuries my own pets had over the years.
- I’ve assisted with the births and raising of horses, cats and birds.
- I worked at a dilapidated ranch in Canada, refurbishing the stables, arenas, paddocks, mansion and living quarters. Once functional, I remained living at the ranch continuing maintenance and caring for the horses.
- I’m an only child, raised by my single mother. We moved many times, so I’ve had the benefit of both city and rural living. We were self-sufficient in everything and made clean and safe homes throughout my childhood.
I have continued to be independent and self-sufficient. I’ve moved many times myself and have always maintained or improved the homes and gardens I’ve lived in. I can be a bit messy at times but “cleanliness is next to godliness” as the saying goes.
WHAT I CAN OFFER
- If your pet is comfortable with me, I will love he/she as if my own.
- I am mindful of and will respect and follow any instruction given for the care of your home and pet(s).
- I can be strict if/when needed.
- I’m physically and mentally able to enjoy larger pets and pets that may be a bit headstrong.
- I’m more than happy to cuddle affectionate pets.
- I’m a Boilermaker by trade and have taught myself to build or repair most things so I’m able to care for your home if any issues arise.
- I’m respectful of property and privacy.
I believe I am very capable of caring for your home, pet or pets and garden and I hope you consider me to be your carer.
My contact details and National Police Check are available on request.