We are a 60 & 49 year old non-smoking, honest and dependable couple available to take care of your home and pets. Our 10 years of experience along with our references from previous clients will attest to these qualities that a home & pet owner would look for when leaving their home, loving pets and property in our care.
We aim to provide peace of mind while you are away, security for your property and true companionship for your pets by working online from the comfort of your home (unlimited high speed internet is a necessity).
We will stay in touch with you as much (or as little) as you desire. We can collect your mail, forwarding any details as needed in addition to providing regular updates on your pets and home. We have dealt with various daily issues that any homeowner can relate to as well as the ones they dread - from digging out in a blizzard to preparing for major hurricanes. We have experience with solar power, rain water catchment, running generators, boats (sail & power) as well as overseeing household employees & services.
Some of our experiences include:
- A 5 month off-the-grid sit with two beach loving rottweilers on a 13 acre tropical property on the island of Vieques;
- A month with 5 enjoyable "potcake" dogs on an oceanfront property in Eleuthera, Bahamas;
- 2 months with 2 active dogs in a lovely village in Northumberland, UK.
- 1 month on a private island only accessible by boat in the Abaco Islands on an off-the-grid property with organic gardens, chickens and a koi fish pond.
- 6 six-month sits in various locations throughout Mexico including:-
-Colonial mountain town of Patzcuaro with a wonderful Thai Ridgeback and lovely home within walking distance of local markets and the central plaza;
-Charming lakeside village Erongaricuaro with a delightful Labrador Retriever and two curious cats;
-3 different properties, multiple times, in the beach town of San Pancho, all with a dog, cats or multiples of either.
- Oceanfront in a small beach village near Zihuatanejo, with two fun-loving dogs
- Coastal Maine, taking care of a lovely marsh-front home and a character of a cat in the dead of New England winter.
- Vermont, looking after a charming farm home on 50 acres nested against national forest with two wonderful dogs who were always up for a hike, a brood of temperamental egg-laying hens and one lively rooster.
- Five months in a small western Massachusetts town on a family run maple farm looking after a sweet dog, unique home and garden while helping with several aspects of their home based syrup business.
- Hanover, MA in Plymouth County with 2 Golden Retrievers that loved their daily long walks and relaxing at our sides in their lovely home in the evening.
- A wonderfully located home in the beautiful city of Savannah with four indoor cats, all with their own unique personalities.
- Caring for a sweet Rottie mix with tropical landscaping in an amazingly tranquil neighborhood in south Miami.
- A month in the Florida Keys with two laid back & happy dogs who loved their daily walk to the water as much as we did.
- Three months in the amazingly gorgeous Malabar, FL with three indoor cats who loved spending time at our sides.
- Taking care of a curious cat who enjoyed exploring and showing us his owners' tropical fruit gardens in Delray Beach.
- Sitting for two playful Frenchtons and 5 egg laying hens close to the beach in Carlsbad, CA. We also assisted with the owners' vacation cottage on property.
- Three weeks 25 miles north of Manhattan with two wonderful Giant Schnauzers in a stunning property.
- Three months in the winter/spring looking after a sweet dog and lovely home in a quaint beach-side town on the Jersey Shore.
- Six months in central coastal Florida with a spunky cat who helped us prep for major hurricanes. We are returning for our 4th sit this summer.
- 5 months looking after a waterfront New Bern, NC home keeping the owners up to date on a planned construction project during their absence.
- Sitting over the winter holidays in a centrally located downtown Seattle high-rise with an entertaining and adorable young cat.
- 4 months on in a lovely home on Charleston's Daniel Island with two loving indoor cats.
- An amazing home in the woods with miles of walking paths to explore with a sweet golden retriever and the cuddliest indoor cat in Rhode Island.
- Thanksgiving with a wonderful indoor cat in quaint & snowy Manchester, Vermont.
- Experiencing city living in a downtown Boston apartment with two sweet cats
- Four months with a great cat over the winter on Cape Cod with a greenhouse to enjoy and care for.
We enjoy traveling while making new friends as we are looking after their homes and pets. We do prefer housesits of at least a month in length, but are willing to consider a shorter duration. We also love taking care of pets - with our traveling lifestyle we are unable to have our own.