A little bit about us: I am 61 years old, my husband Lyle is 65. We retired from the Regina Police Service in Regina, Canada, in November of Lyle worked for 28 years and retired as the Superintendent in charge of the Detective Division. He was the Executive Officer responsible for approximately 120 Detectives and staff and an 18 million dollar budget. I retired after 25 years and was the civilian Office Assistant in the Robbery Homicide Section.
We like to travel and have been to Mexico 4 times, Belize twice, Honduras, Costa Rica and the US. We spent 3 and 4 months at a time in the Central American countries. We have also been on cruises to various Caribbean islands.
We are reliable, sensible and capable housesitters with house and pet sitting experience as follows:
- We house/cat sat for four winters for the same homeowner in Gabriola Island, BC, as winter staff for her cat.
- Housesat in Oliver, BC, for 4 months.
- House/cat sat for a month in Indio, California
- House/dog sat for three weeks in Oakland, California
- House/dog/cat sat for three weeks in Phoenix, Arizona
- House/cat sat in Savusavu, Fiji for 11 weeks
- House/dog sat in Southport, Australia for 5 weeks
- House/dog/cat sat and looked after 100 sheep in Tasmania, Australia for 2 ½ weeks
- We assisted at a Bed & Breakfast in Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia, for 2 ½ months
- House/dog/fish and bunnie sat for a weekend in Campbell River, BC
- House/dog sat for a weekend in Qualicum Beach, BC
- House/dog sat in Victoria, BC for 10 days
- House/dog sat for just over 2 weeks in Kamloops, BC
- House/cat sat for 10 days in Jasper, AB
- Housesat for 3 weeks in Medicine Hat, AB
- House/dog sat for 10 days in Saskatoon, SK
- House/dog sat for a long weekend in Saskatoon, SK
- House/dog sat for a week in Saskatoon, SK
- Housesat in Saskatoon, SK for 5 months
- House/cat sat in Saskatoon, SK for 2 weeks
- House/cat/horse sat in Bluffton, SC for 5 months (3 years in a row and they want us to go back as soon as Covid allows)
- House/dog sat for 6 days in Dahlonega, GA
- House/cat sat for 4 weeks in Rimbey, AB
- Housesat for 3 months in Saskatoon, SK
- House/cat/dog sat in Medicine Hat, AB for 5 weeks
- House/cat/horse sat in Bluffton, SC for 5 months (second sit for same homeowners)
- House/cat/dog sat in Mo'orea, French Polynesia for 3 months
- House/cat/dog sat in Calgary, AB for a week
- House/cat/horse sat in Bluffton, SC for 5 months (third sit for the same homeowners)
- House/dog/cats sat in Peachland, BC for 2 weeks
- House/dogs/cats sat in Saskatoon, SK for 3 weeks
- House/dog/cats sat in Peachland, BC 2 months
- House/cat/horse sat in Bluffton, SC for 4.5 months (fourth sit for the same homeowners)
We are interested in short, medium or long term assignments and are very flexible.
We run, swim, bike and work out to counter balance our love of cooking and eating. We enjoy wine in moderation and do not smoke. We very much enjoy the company of pets and find they are a huge part of the pleasure we get from housesitting. We both had pets growing up and while our kids were young. Currently we don’t have pets of our own so we really enjoy it when a housesit includes fur babies for us to fall in love with.
While at home we volunteered on our condo’s Pool Committee and were responsible for testing the pool and hot tub on scheduled weekends.
We are very flexible at this point. We have always been house proud and would love to look after your house and pets, and will look after them as if they are our own. We take our housesitting opportunities very seriously and we hope that our letters of reference will confirm this.
We forward to hearing from you.
Ps: Please pick us! ;)
Nora and Lyle Hanson