My name is Doug Murray and I'm a very experienced house and pet sitter. I'm a writer by trade and I travel extensively.
My income comes from remote work for some of Canada's largest media companies. I started house sitting more than a decade ago by taking care of the homes and pets of friends and family. It has now become a lifestyle!Running a writing/consulting business on the road means I have to be very responsible and dependable -- which applies equally to house sitting. I'm active and walk and cycle as much as I can. If you have a dog that likes to be walked, I'm your guy!
I've looked after homes (some repeats!) in Scotland, Ireland, Canada, Belgium, Mexico and Guatemala.
What I can offer you:
- Top notch care for your home and love for your pets
- Regular house and yard maintenance including looking after gardens
- The ability to take care of minor problems around the house
- Direct contact with as many references as you'd like
- Quiet, non-smoker who works from home
- Regular reports if required
- Canadian citizen with class 5 drivers licence with a spotless record
As for me, my needs are basic. Dependable internet access and the ability to walk/cycle for groceries. My preference is for longer house sits, but I will consider short ones if I'm available.
Many of my house sits are with regular clients, and they can attest to my skills and trustworthiness.
I am always available by , phone or should you want to discuss a potential house sit. Contact me for additional references and I will put you in direct contact with homeowners I've worked with.
If you're looking for someone who is experienced, respectful, trustworthy and an animal lover, you've found him!