- Responsible Husband and wife; (non-smokers) will turn your next business trip or vacation into a Staycation for your pets.
- No Pets ? We also provide drop by service to water houseplants, bring in mail and do avisual inperson check for travelers. Reasonable rates. call to discuss.
- As of January 2020, we had completed 81 petsits and 2 housesits with no animals. The sits were located in 12 different states, mostly east of the Mississippi.
- We never charged for petsitting before this year, but a year of COVID quarrantines and restrictions have left us with fixed expenses to cover in addition to travel expenses. As of July 2021, we are asking hosts we haven't sat for before to pay us at least $10/night to care for their home and pets. We consider the number and ages of your pets and how far we have to drive to reach you.
We still have openings in our 2021 Calendar:
August Sept. (27 days
Oct 18 forward
- I hate that sitting is becoming more complicated. Even before the pandemic hit, cancelation had beome a problem. Our calendar is generally tightly booked. When a host cancels a sit we have agreed to, no matter how good the reason, if we are more than 200 miles from home,or from our next sit, we are stranded. we have to be sure we can cover this expense. We hope you understand that we may ask for a reservation fee equal to the 1st week's charge to commit to a sit. Refundable depending on the amount of notice we get.
- In addition to the usual dogs and cats, we have cared for a rabbit, a hedgehog, fish, 2 lovebirds, 2 lizards and as many as a dozen backyard chickens,ducks and geese.
- We specialize in sits of 3 weeks or longer, but we gladly sit for shorter periods.
- No judgment; no hurt feelings. If we apply for your sit and you don't think its a good fit, please let me know. I'd rather be turned down than hear nothing.
- If you choose someone else and it falls through, don't hesitate to contact me . Things happen that we can't control. If we're available, we'll be happy to help.
My cellphone number is listed (voice & text).We have a personal toll-free phone number so we are easy to reach. I'll respond to your right away with my direct address to make communication simpler.
- Our favorite pets are dogs, cats, and backyard chickens. Fish are fine too, in ponds or tanks.
- Sorry, we don't pay utilities.
- A couple of services we don't provide, although we will be happy to provide access to people you hire to do them :
- Lawn Care