We are a fit, active, non-smoking, and responsible English/Canadian couple. Who are also homeowners experienced in all the pleasures, trials and tribulations that pet and homeownership brings. We know from personal experience that having capable and caring sitters makes leaving home and pets a lot easier.
As for pets, over the years, we have had dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, pig’s and have loved them all (even chickens need a little love).
Michael’s twenty years in the oil refining industry (as a freelance inspector, consulting engineer, and project manager) has given him the ability to anticipate and solve problems before they happen. He also has the ability to keep calm and cool in all situations. He grew up in the interior of British Colombia, dealing with well water systems, power outages and acreage giving him a solid background in country living.
Yvonne’s background in laboratory management and later, personal finances was a great fit for her attention to detail skills, her honesty and integrity. As a child, she helped care for the family’s cats, dogs, ferrets, hamsters, budgies, gerbils and fish. Her caring personality shines through with every pet we meet and they readily accept her.
We are full time and financially secure travelers, not tourists dashing from site to site. We prefer ‘slow travel’ allowing us to savor new places; the food, the culture, cuisines and local markets. We are essentially homebodies (who love to travel), preferring to stay home in the evenings, cook our own meals and snuggle up with a movie, a book and a furry friend. We spend a lot of time on our writing, photography and videography projects, which equates to a lot of time at ‘home’ when we're not enjoying long walks with a furry friend or two.
Because we enjoy animals, meeting new people, exploring new places and being of service, housesitting is our perfect match. In short, we are the sitters that will let you sleep like a baby, knowing your home and pets are cared for, loved and protected.
We are down to earth, practical, adaptable and culturally savvy (we have visited over 70 countries) and have been housesitting full time for over 7 years. We have completed assignments in Europe, North America, South America Central America and the Caribbean, with many repeat sits and referrals.
Due to Covid 19 we are currently back in BC, Canada and available to sit in the area, whilst adhering to social distancing protocols etc.
- Comfortable with running and maintaining a wide varieties of properties from high end luxury villas to rustic cabins.
- Familiar with rural properties and their challenges, such as wells, solar power, and rain water collection and septic systems
- Experienced with both large and small dogs and elderly cats
- Adaptable to different lifestyles, cultures and environments
- Experienced in dealing with household staff
We love all animals and they respond well to us. With us looking after your pets, you can:
- Leave home guilt free, knowing they will be lavished with the love and attention they deserve
- Feel confident that your pet is in the competent hands of sitters with pet first aid training
- Come back to a happy, healthy pet who is relaxed, yet excited to see you
Having used housesitters ourselves, we understand a homeowner’s perspective and concerns. With our experience and expertise, you can:
- Be assured that we respect and understand the investment you have in your home, while caring for your home as we would our own
- Sleep soundly knowing that competent sitters are protecting your home and property
- Experience the joy of coming back to a warm and welcoming home
Yvonne has the green thumb, meaning that you will:
- Enjoy returning to a flourishing garden, regular watering, deadheading, staking and harvesting will keep your garden producing
- Come home to a tidy, well maintained garden not a jungle (or a desert)
With our years of experience, our problem solving capabilities, complimentary skill sets and temperaments, we make an awesome housesitting team.
With us in charge, you can travel stress free knowing your home and loved ones are in the right hands.
Looking forward to hearing from you.