I've made many wonderful friends in Europe, Turkey and Asia Pacific.
2019: looked after Fiona & Gracie, two rescue dogs in Thailand. The month prior, looked after Dougal, a Tibetan Terrier from Worcestershire. Including Topsy & Tim, cats who allowed me to look after them.
I'll always remember Oscar, the rascal street dog from Islamlar, mountain village in Turkey. Other friends include Stromer, Jasper & Pixie from Kas, Turkey plus Tilli & Sami beautiful white dogs from Kalkan.
Returning to Australia and caring for 3 cats in Hastings, Mornington Peninsula. My first house-sit in 2020 was looking after 3 Persian cats.
Yes! I'm friends with the owners too. I'm welcome back anytime to Spain, England, Albania, France, Italy, Turkey & Croatia.
Backpacked solo for 16 months through 10 countries, house-sitting and volunteering on a Mission to prove it's possible to travel & live overseas on an Aged Pension. Accomplished!
My fascination with other countries started as an 18 year old Aussie taking a 2 year working holiday in the UK. Now, I'm free to satisfy an eternal curiosity, wanderlust and wonderlust to experience other cultures.
• A good internet connection is important so I can work on my 2nd book and social media business.
House-sitting experience - one reference displayed below
• Australia looked after 13 rescue cats for two months.
• 3 x three-month house-sits in Melbourne.
• 2-month house-sit in Islamlar, Turkey.
• One month pet/house-sit in Kas, Turkey.
• One month pet/house-sit in Kalkan, Turkey.
• One month house-sit in York, UK.
• One month house-sit in Worcestershire, UK.
• Two-month pet/house-sit in Hua Hin, Thailand.
• One week Pet/house-sit on Mornington Peninsula, Victoria.
• One month pet-sit in Montrose, Victoria.
- 23 years as a soldier in the Australian Army Reserve. Trained 7,000 soldiers and officers in weapons, drill and theory. Promoted to the rank of Warrant Officer Class 2.
- Founder of the Australian Academy of Leadership. Delivered Leadership workshops and programs to corporations and businesses for over a decade.
My top three life values are Integrity, Freedom and Abundance. I live life best at the intersection of Connection and Courage.
Weight-training, yoga, walking and bike-riding are my main fitness outlets. Love reading a good book. Now writing my second book: first book became an Amazon best seller. Non-smoker. Love nature. Enjoy photography.
As I maintain an online Business and share my travel journey via social media, a good internet connection is a must have.
Done and all clear.
References - please read
"Victoria, an Australian citizen, completed a house/pet sit for us in Kas, Turkey over the Christmas period from 19th December 2018 to 7th January 2019.
She looked after our pets comprising: 1 large old dog, 2 small dogs, 5 cats and visiting strays.
We have a large house with the technology to match which she coped with well, whilst being economical in the use of heating over an unusually cold period.
Victoria is competent and she adapted to our animals routines. She recognised their individual personalities and had affinity with them.
She has an outgoing and interesting personality; is a good communicator and easy to get on with. She is self-starting and soon made friends and got to know the area and transport facilities
We would be happy to leave our house and pets to her care again and recommend her to others."
Colin & Carol